Thursday, 31 May 2012
Church111.com - Built With Church111
Did you know that the new Church111.com site is built with our Church111 system?
Everything you see while browsing Church111.com is a feature that you can easily add to your own church website! Whether it is a plain text page (Features), a customized contact form (Contact Us), a gallery of images (Examples), an online check-out (Signup) or even a blog (like the one you're reading right now), you can include it with Church111.
Our custom images and slideshow add flair to the Church111.com home page. You can do the same! Upload any images to your own church site. Add a slideshow. Arrange the page content however you like. Add links, embed Twitter or Facebook widgets... do just about anything you've seen online.
With a custom template, you can easily customize your page layout, too. See all of those additional links at the bottom of Church111.com? Your church site can do that. Add multiple designs. Each page can have a unique look.
Indeed, within Church111 you'll be able to re-create just about everything but the artwork (and if you have a talented graphic artist in your congregation, you can do that too!) Or you can have our professional designers whip you up something special!
Contact us to learn more about how to add Church111.com's features to your own church website!
Posted on 05/31/2012 3:54 PM by Church111
Thursday, 24 May 2012
Why add a Members Section?
The Members Section is a Church111 optional, add-on feature. You've already got a great church website, so why would you want to add a Members Section? Here are a few good reasons:
Add your members
The Members Section provides you a member database to keep track of your members. Include any relevant information about each person and assign them to groups that you create. Add members to your database either by importing a list that you have or allow them to submit their information directly from your website.
Email your members
The Church111 members section gives you access to our Email Center. Quickly and easily send out mass emails to all your members, or just to members of a specific group. Schedule mailings ahead of time or save email templates you make for later. Then track the results of your mailings with tools to show who received, opened or clicked your message.
Share with your members
Your members section also allows you to enable the online Members Area of your website. Here, members with a username and password (that they can pick or one that you set up) can log in to your website. Once logged in, they can view your online members directory or communicate via the available chat, messenger or forums.
Each of these features is potent and useful on its own, but together they make for a great all-inclusive package to keep your church website members interested and in contact.
Want to give it a try? Contact us and we'll give you some time to take a look. If you love it, great! If it turns out not to be what you church needs right now, no problem-- you aren't obligated to keep it. The members section is an extra $10/month.
Posted on 05/24/2012 12:51 PM by Church111
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Want to play a video on your Church111 page? No problem! You can upload video files to your media downloads page. But what if you want to play the video on another part of your site, or what if you're concerned about the large storage requirements?
Consider using a free video site like YouTube or Vimeo. These services let you upload your videos to the web (either publicly or privately) and then you can embed the entire video player anywhere on your Church111 site. You can even embed videos that other people have uploaded!
Here's step-by-step instructions for YouTube:
1. Upload the video. You'll need an account first, but this is super easy to set up.
2. While viewing the video, there should be a button that says "Share" under the video player. Click that.
3. You'll see some more options. Click the button that says "Embed".
4. This will give you the embed code you need. It should be highlighted already, so just copy it.
5. Switch back to Church111 and edit the page that you want the video to appear on.
6. Click to expand the menu that says "Addl. Content" (It's under the main content box)
7. Paste the embed code into the second box down, the one that says "Embed Code"
8. Save your page and enjoy!
There are quite a few steps here, so remember, if you have any questions or trouble don't hesitate to give us a call, email or live help chat!
Posted on 05/17/2012 9:48 AM by Church111
Friday, 11 May 2012
Take your website mobile!
Smartphones are the future and the future is now! With more and more of your audience using the latest mobile technology, they are more connected than ever before - make sure your church is part of that connection!
The Church111 Mobile App is the perfect way to keep your high-speed, tech-savy audience engaged. Available for both iPhone and Android devices, the mobile app quickly presents all the most relevant and current content your website directly to your members. Your events, calendar, news, blog and announcements are all highlighted at the press of a button.
The mobile app is $10/month add-on for you, but its free for all your members!
Want to give it a try first? Get your phone and visit your mobile app store right now-- search for "church111" and download the application FREE. Enter in our demo site "church111example.com" to see how easy it is to get church updates and info.
And as always, if you have questions don't hesitate to call or email us!
Posted on 05/11/2012 7:56 AM by Church111
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Use your email!
Church111 websites include 10 free email accounts. Use them! Having an email address @yourwebsite.com is both professional for your church and intuitive for your contacts. Visit our support page for some quick links to managing, checking and filtering your email.
Happy with your current email account and don't want to change? No need to! Create addresses at your church such as pastor@ or info@ and then automatically forward mail sent to those names on to your current email account.
Questions? Give us a call (615-370-1530) and we'll help you out with any of the following (and everything inbetween):
- Creating new email accounts
- Forwarding email to other accounts
- Setting up a mail program on your computer
- Managing your spam filter
- Troubleshooting mail issues
Posted on 05/10/2012 11:20 AM by Church111
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Search engine tips
Search engines use a collection of incredibly complicated logic to determine when and where it should let a page show up in search results. There are some easy steps to give your church website the best chance it can get.
- Fill in your HTML meta tags. These are for search engines. You will find boxes for these tags under the main content box while editing your Home Page. The "HTML Title" is the name of your page. The "HTML Description" is what people will read about your page when it shows up in search results. The "HTML Keywords" are what the search engine reads to decide what your site is about.
- Add content to your page that reflects your keywords. Write a few paragraphs on each page that are relevant to the keywords you are using for that page. Search engines like it when the page text matches up with the keywords.
- Fill in your meta tags for other important pages on your church website as well. Select a page to edit, and scroll down to the expandable menu that says "SEO Settings" (SEO = Search Engine Optimization). Add the "Alternate" title, description and keywords.
There are thousands of SEO tips and tricks, but these will get you started with what you need to get found.
Posted on 05/09/2012 11:44 AM by Church111
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
A quick fix for design
Want a little something special to help your church website stand out, but you hardly have any budget to spend on it?
Our Church111 designers can put together all sorts of quick, stylish improvements to your existing design that will cost only a few hundred dollars at most! We can make you a gorgeous header image featuring your church, your pastor or your logo. We can create all sorts of custom artwork for a banner or slideshow.
Interested? Follow these steps:
1. Give us a call, email or send a design consultation request and we'll get in touch same day. No obligation.
2. Tell us exactly what you want. We'll tell you how much it'll cost.
3. You send us any images or designs that you want to include.
4. A day or two later, your site design has a sparkly new image!
Posted on 05/08/2012 10:40 AM by Church111
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Introducing the Custom Template Builder
If you haven't poked around your Main Design area in a while, you may not have noticed our all-new Custom Template Builder. This awesome tool lets you you create your own template designs for your church website.
Here are just a few examples of what you can do with the Church111 Custom Template Builder:
- Customize the page layout. Where do you want the navigation bar? How many columns on each page?
- Add your own color scheme. Change the colors of everything from the background to links.
- Create a custom slideshow or banner for your site header.
- Create as many custom templates as you want. Each page on your site can have a different look.
- Embed your calendar or other widgets on each page! Or embed other content from the internet.
Want to give it a try? Log in to your Church111 editor and select "Main Design" from the Design Section. Click "Use a Custom Template" and then click "Create New Template" at the bottom.
Questions? Comments? Need some ideas on what to make? Just give us a call, email or live chat!
Posted on 05/08/2012 11:00 AM by Church111
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Recent updates to Church111
We are always trying to improve our Church111 service to get you the best church website possible. Here are just a few of the recent improvements we have made:
- New Custom Template Builder - design your own template looks for your church site
- New Slideshow Widget - add an image slideshow to any page, or to your custom template
- Mobile App improvements - now available for both iPhone and Android
- Calendar improvements - a new simple list layout in addition to the standard view
- Additional storage available! 1 GB of storage is now included standard (that's double the old amount)
We want to make sure you can upload all the images and audio you need!
- We now offer Design Packages to save you money on custom website development!
Plans range from $500 to $2400, and the hours are yours to keep if you use them all or not
Posted on 05/08/2012 12:11 PM by Church111
Monday, 7 May 2012
Build your church site as a team!
Creating and managing a church website can seem like a daunting task. But you don't have to face it alone! Church111 makes it easy to add more administrators to help with your site. Here's how to get someone else set up:
1. Click on Users/Passwords in the Admin Section of your Church111 site
2. Click "Add New"
3. Fill in your new administrator's information (make sure to write down the username and password)
4. Choose what parts of the site you want that person to work on. Select the appropriate Access Level.
5. Save and let your new administrator get to work!
The best part is that you can choose exactly what each person can edit. Do you want someone to manage the calendar and nothing but the calendar? Make them an "area administrator" and check Calendar. How about managing a particular ministry page? Make them a "page administrator" and select your ministry page. Or just want someone to help with everything? Make them another "site administrator".
Adding more administrators will not only make your life easier, but it will also get more people excited about your website!
Posted on 05/07/2012 10:16 AM by Church111
Sunday, 6 May 2012
Add your own slideshow!
Ever wished your church website could have an awesome slideshow? It can! Every page on your Church111 site can include a fully-customizable slideshow. Here's how to do it:
1. Select the page you want to edit in Church111
2. Scroll down to the "Addl. Content" expandable menu. Expand it!
3. The last thing it has is a checkbox that says "Turn on Slideshow". Check it!
4. Now you can see your slideshow settings. Tweak the options to change how it looks, and upload your images.
5. Save your page and you now have a slideshow!
You can also add a slideshow to your custom template! (Slideshows look great as the header) Just select the "Media" category of widgets, and drag the "Slideshow" out to where you want it on the custom template.
Questions about creating your slideshow? Contact us, we'd love to help you out.
Posted on 05/06/2012 2:45 PM by Church111
Saturday, 5 May 2012
All about... your church!
Your church website is out there to help your visitors and members. Make sure that you have useful content that they are looking for.
A first-time visitor will need to know who you are and what you are about. An "About Us" or "About the Church" page is a great way to do this. Maybe have a page about your pastor(s). Or how about a page that talks about your ministries? Anything else special about your church that you would like to share? Add a page about it!
Your returning members, on the other hand, probably know most of this already! These members need to know what is going on at your church. When is service? Are there any Bible studies or groups this week, and when are they? Does the church have any interesting news?
Answer these questions with Church111 built-in features. Use the Site Calendar to post special events. Use the Church Events widget to show times for services and other weekly activities on the home page. Add a News Page to easily add, edit, or delete news items.
Be creative! Maybe add an Image Gallery or embed a Google Map so everyone can find you. The possibilities are endless!
Posted on 05/05/2012 4:20 PM by Church111
Friday, 4 May 2012
Introducing the new CHURCH111.COM!
Church111 has a new website!
We re-invented the look and feel of our site to make it easier than ever to find the information you need. Between our stylish new examples, full list of features and accessible pricing, we hope this site will have everything you need to know about Church111.
Are you a current Church111 site administrator? Log in to your site directly from the Church111 home page! As always, our support team is available to help with any questions you may have!
Posted on 05/04/2012 4:18 PM by Church111